Sunday, June 5, 2011

Well...that was spur of the moment.....

I am really liking this blog thing.  I recommend it to anyone!  I believe in prayer and taking everything to God, but there's just something theraputic about blogging!!!  And, I really want to connect with some friends and family and keep them updated on all that's happening with our little family!

So, this was the week after recital.  I cleaned house everyday this past week.  Actually, I didn't mind.  It felt good to clean out and freshen up the house.  However, with a one year old, a dog and a husband, it needs to be cleaned again!  Can you believe that? LOL!!!!  That's how things work though, and I don't mind.  It reminds be that I have alot to be thankful for.  I got to spend alot of one on one time with my little squirt.  We went outside alot, watched alot of Sprout Network, and we even took him for his first snowball!!!  He wasn't every interested in it though.  I find with little ones, alot of things are like that!  Mom waits all day for that special trip, she walks out the door with camera in hand and like an army we get into the car and off to our special outing.  Only to get there and have them not interested at all, not looking at the camera and actually screaming like you are torturing them.  Oh the joys of mommy hood!!! Hahaha!!!  We will try the snowball thing again later in the summer.

Still couponing and saving lots of money!  Advice to anyone reading...you should not be paying full price for anything!!!  And there are sooooo many items out there you should be getting for FREE!!!  That's right, free!!! 

We actually just got home from a very quick trip to Florida!  It was very spur of the moment!  Thursday night we decided we were going to help some old dance family with a revue.  I really felt the need to be back around some people who instilled this love of dance in me!  The very people I grew up with and spent 16 years of life seeing every week!!!  It was so nice to catch up with them.  Great dance family!  While we were there, we decided to catch some sun and waves!  We stayed one night right on the beach.  Got a great hotel that had an awesome pool area for kids and family!  We took Collin to the beach for the first time.  That was so much fun!!  At first, he was unsure, but he started to warm up to it.  And, he loved playing in the sand.  I started to think about how true this is in his little life.  Of course, as the waves came crashing in, he clung on to us waiting for us to protect him.  That's so true in their life at this age.  They are always waiting and depending on us to protect them.  Gosh, being a parent is the biggest blessing I have ever experienced.  It is a love like no other!!!!

Although the trip was short, while we were in Florida, I really wanted to take some time to reflect on some things.  It was a great time of reflection.  This summer will be a summer of growth for me!!!!  And I say that eagerly!  I am determined to grow spiritually, mentally and as a mom, wife and business owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment